Having fresh water always available is a convenience that cannot be understated. However, just as with other utilities like gas and electricity, having plumbing in your home that carries water also carries with it some potential for damage. When plumbing is damaged and allows water to leak or flow out of plumbing, it can cause massive damage that requires extensive repairs.
When it comes to protecting your home’s plumbing, trust the experts at Valley Plumbing Pros. With over a decade of experience in the Merced area, they’ve helped hundreds of customers just like you repair and prevent water line breaks.
No matter your plumbing issue - you’ll always have help. With emergency plumbing service, our plumbers are always ready to help when disaster decides to strike.
Dangers of Water Line Bursts
Water lines carry large amounts of water from municipal sources into and throughout your home. Water lines are pressurized to provide adequate flow when water is turned on. This makes it easy to use but it can lead to hundreds of gallons of water flooding your home when you have a burst pipe. Some of the consequences of a broken pipe can be:
- Damaged Walls: Drywall and laminate paneling are both susceptible to water damage. When water hits these delicate substances they will fall apart and need replacement.
- Buckled Floors: Wood and laminate floors are not waterproof. Water causes them to swell and buckle, requiring replacement after a flood.
- Mold and Fungus Growth: Mold and fungus need moisture to grow. When homes flood, moisture hides inside walls and under floors encouraging mold growth that may be invisible.
- Foundation Damage: Flooded lawns or slab leaks from water main problems can undermine the integrity of your home’s foundation. Foundation repairs can be extremely expensive so it’s important that the problem is spotted and repaired right away.
Causes of Water Line Problems
There are a lot of things that can cause the need for main water line repair. Preventing water line problems can be as simple as inspecting your own pipes for problem areas and getting the experienced opinion of a licensed plumber. Some of the causes of water line problems to look out for are:
- Shifting soils
- Improper Installation
- Poor materials
- Aging Plumbing
- Occasional freezing temperatures
While freezing temperatures rarely occur in the Merced areas, they can happen, and protecting your home is essential. We also offer frozen pipe services that can help prevent any damage and ensure your home is ready for the winter season.
Even with the best care, pipes can deteriorate with time. Because of this, we also offer whole-home repiping, which can help homeowners with constant water line issues.
Working with Us
When you partner with Valley Plumbing Pros, you are getting the best service available at prices that are guaranteed to be competitive. Our licensed and insured plumbers are skilled in all aspects of plumbing installation and repairs. We make our services available 24 hours a day in case of emergencies. Whether you need to add a water softener to protect your home’s plumbing or you need water line repairs from leaks or bursts, we are ready to help.