The most important appliance in your home that you probably forget about is your hot water heater. Readily available hot water is a luxury that we often take for granted in modern society. Hot water is available at nearly every sink, bathtub, and washing machine in every single home. So, when your hot water tank stops working it can be shocking.
At Valley Plumbing Pros in Merced, we offer the best water heater installation and maintenance service around. Whether you have an electric water heater or a gas water heater, our technicians are ready to help you replace your old one or get the most out of your current model.
Want to keep your water heater working for years? Keep the water clean! Be sure to ask about our water softener installation services today!
Common Signs Your Water Heater Needs Service
Your water heater is easy to forget about. It usually sits in an out-of-the-way closet or garage somewhere and provides hot water. Until it doesn’t. When it fails to provide hot water then it’s time to get it repaired or replaced. Some of the Indicators that your hot water tank has failed or is about to can include:
- Leaking Water Heater: Over time, an old hot water tank can spring leaks around plumbing fittings or even in the tank. Sometimes leaking water heaters can be repaired but often this is an indicator of an old tank that needs replacement.
- High Utility Bills: Older models of water heaters likely weren’t made with energy efficiency in mind. Newer models operate at a lower cost due to higher EPA standards. Switching could save you money every month.
- Discolored or Smelly Water: Old water tanks can leach rust into your water or build up a scale that causes cloudy water. A new tank will give you fresh, clean water.
- Unusual Noises: Thumping or hissing noises are common in older units. They indicate water leaks or scale build-up inside of the hot water tank. Hot water heater maintenance can prevent or fix this in many cases.
Benefits of Water Heater Replacement
Replacing your hot water tank can sound intimidating but it doesn’t have to be. Many homeowners only see the price tag of a new, installed unit and stress about the cost. However, there are several benefits to replacing a hot water tank or updating an old tank, some of which can actually offset the cost of installing a new water heater. Some of these benefits are:
- Lower energy bills
- More reliable operation
- More appropriate size based on occupants in your household
- Eliminating repair bills
- Update to proper building codes
- Environmentally-friendly options
If your tank is nearing 10 years old, or if you’ve noticed some of the signs that a hot water tank is going bad, call Valley Plumbing Pros today. We can recommend whether water heater repair or replacement will be the most cost-effective option.
Looking for a full upgrade? Be sure to ask about our tankless water heater installations. These small systems pack a punch with limitless hot water and a longer lifespan!
How We Can Help
At Valley Plumbing Pros, we are hot water heater maintenance and installation specialists. Our team of technicians is skilled at replacing any type of water heater. We will help you determine the proper size of a new hot water heater based on the occupancy of your home. We will also educate you on your options for a new hot water tank.
Once your tank is installed, we want to help you get the most out of your tank for its entire lifespan. Our hot water heater maintenance service can help you keep your tank running efficiently and reliably for years to come.