Every homeowner at some point faces a plumbing emergency. When the worst happens, the effort to find a trustworthy plumbing company can compound the stress. While it’s not always possible to avoid a plumbing emergency, having a reliable plumbing company in Stockton, CA is essential. At Valley Plumbing Pros, we offer top-rated service, upfront pricing, and a customer satisfaction guarantee with every service.
Want to know more about our work? Be sure to visit our reviews page to hear from homeowners in your area!
What Is Considered a Plumbing Emergency?
By definition, a plumbing emergency is when something suddenly goes wrong with your home’s plumbing that immediately and drastically affects the health and well-being of its residents or its structural integrity. The plumbing system is comprised of appliances and fixtures, water supply lines, and drains. Many things can go wrong anywhere in this network of pipes.
Some common examples of a plumbing emergency include:
- Burst pipes
- Malfunctioning sump pumps
- Broken down water heaters
- Clogged drains leading to overflowing sink or toilet
- Leaky appliances and fixtures
While some of these issues may seem small, they can quickly cause extensive damage to your home. At Valley Plumbing Pros, our expert staff is available for all emergency plumbing repair services.
Top Signs You Need Water Heater Replacement
The water heater is an important appliance. It supplies all the hot water you need throughout your home, to sinks and tubs, as wells as the washing machine and dishwasher. When the water heater breaks down, it can interrupt bathing, laundry, and cleaning. A broken-down water heater is considered a plumbing emergency because modern life relies so much on hot water.
A water heater breakdown can be avoided if homeowners learn to recognize the signs that their water heater needs replacement. Here are the top 10 symptoms:
- Age: Residential water heaters typically last around 10 years. Water heaters that are 15 or even 20 years old should be replaced.
- Hot water runs out quickly: Not enough hot water means your water heater is struggling to keep up with demand.
- Leaks: Puddles underneath the water heater may indicate a crack or fissure in the metal drum, which should be replaced.
- Rust: Rust or hard water buildup on the outside of the tank is a telltale sign of a slow leak.
- Spikes in utility bills: Water heaters are either gas or electric; if the heater is running inefficiently, you will see an uptick in your gas or electric bill.
- Discolored water: Discolored or cloudy water is a sign of excessive sediment or rust in the tank.
- Needs expensive repairs: If your water heater suddenly needs an expensive repair, it may be more cost-efficient to upgrade to a newer model.
In addition to water heater repair, we also offer tankless water heater installation upgrades to homeowners throughout Stockton. You rely on your water heater for just about every aspect of your daily routine. Because of this, ensure yours is working properly with help from our plumbing experts.
Looking to save on your next installation? Be sure to visit our coupons page for the latest specials on appliance installs.
Benefits of Professional Drain Cleaning
Drain maintenance is an important aspect of caring for your home’s plumbing system and preventing a plumbing emergency. Routinely cleaning the drains will help eliminate buildup from soap residue and grease, as well as remove any blockages caused by hair, dirt, paper products, hard waste, food waste, and more. These are the usual culprits behind most household drain clogs.
The benefits of hiring a professional to clean your drains are that they have the equipment to clean the drains faster and much more thoroughly than the average homeowner. They also have knowledge of residential plumbing systems, and the training to fix any problem they encounter along the way. Best of all, when the job is done, your drains will flow like new, and you won’t have to worry about clogs for a long time. The peace of mind after a professional drain cleaning is well worth the expense.
The team at Valley Plumbing Pros is experienced with drain cleaning, clogged drain repair, water heater maintenance, hot water tank replacement, and much more. We have been serving the residents of Stockton, CA and the Central Valley for more than a decade. We are proud to offer upfront pricing and emergency plumbing services.